Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2021

Crossing Mistakes and Moving On

During my time in primary school, when I first started using a pen, I would often strive to erase any mistakes I made before submitting my work to my teacher.

At times, I would attempt to clean my errors using chalk, only to find them reappearing later. So I resorted to using saliva, which did the trick but left unsightly holes in my books. Consequently, my teachers would scold me for being excessively messy. All I wanted to do was hide my mistakes.

Then, one day, a compassionate teacher who cared deeply for me took me aside and said, "Whenever you make a mistake, simply cross it out and move forward." He explained, "Trying to erase your mistakes will only damage your book beyond repair."

In protest, I told him that I didn't want others to see my errors. With a smile, my caring teacher responded, "Trying to erase your mistakes will only draw more attention to them, creating a lasting stigma."

Have you made mistakes in life? Cross them out and continue moving forward. Don't expose yourself by attempting to cover up your errors. There are brighter opportunities awaiting you in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment