Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Love and Money

There was once a very wealthy man who lived in a sprawling palace with many servants. Among the many servants, he had three special servants. One day, this man called all the servants, gave them hundreds of thousands of dollars in retirement benefits and dismissed them. He then called his three special servants and told them, “My dear servants, you have been special and have faithfully served me all these years. Now, ask what you want and I will freely give them to you.” The servants could not believe their ears.

The first servant said, “Master, I will be satisfied with just one million dollars.” The master immediately wrote out a cheque and gave it him. The second servant said, “Master, I’ll be satisfied with just a hundred acres of your fertile land.”  Since the wealthy man had his lawyer present too, he immediately made out a deed to that purpose. The third servant fell at the feet of the Master and cried. The master lifted him up and asked him why he was crying. The servant said, “Master, all these years you had loved me dearly. Now where shall I go? I don’t want gold or silver. I only want you. Please allow me to serve you till I die.”


The master was pleased and granted the request. Day by day, the Master and servant became like father and son. Finally, on his death bed, this Master called his servant and said, “My dearly beloved servant, you have faithfully served me all these years, not desiring gold and silver. I now adopt you as my legal son and bequeath all my wealth to you. As my son, you shall inherit everything that I own.”

No comments:

Post a Comment