Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Good Friend


Back in the 1980’s Sam Rayburn - Speaker for the House of Representatives - learned that one of his friends had just lost his teenage daughter. 
 
Early the next morning Rayburn knocked on his door and said, “I just came by to see what I could do to help.” 
 
The father replied that there was nothing to do. “Well,” Rayburn said, “have you had your coffee this morning?” 
 
The man replied that they had not taken time for breakfast. So Rayburn went to work in the kitchen. While he working on making breakfast, his friend came in, and said, “Mr. Speaker, I thought you were supposed to be having breakfast at the White House this morning.” “Well, I was, but I called the President and told him I had a friend who was in trouble and I couldn’t come.”


This is great example of true friend is all about. He is willing to rearrange his schedule no matter how important it might be to help a friend out that is need.

No comments:

Post a Comment