Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

Born to Lose

I recently read a powerful story of Norman Peale from Christianity Today.

The story goes like this...

Once walking through the twisted little streets of Kowloon in Hong Kong, I came upon a tattoo studio.

In the window were displayed samples of the tattoos available. 

On the chest or arms you could have tattooed an anchor or flag or mermaid or whatever.

But what struck me with force was the three words that could be tattooed on one's flesh, Born to lose.

I entered the shop in astonishment and, pointing to those words, asked the Chinese tattoo artist, "Does anyone really have that terrible phrase, Born to lose, tattooed on his body?"

He replied, "Yes, sometimes."

"But," I said, "I just can't believe that anyone in his right mind would do that."

The Chinese man simply tapped his forehead and said in broken English, "Before tattoo on body, tattoo on mind."

Simply stated, if your mind is corrupted with fears, doubts, anger, bitterness and all the negativity in this world...your actions will also be corrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment